The Department of Strategic Policy and Delivery (DSPD), which was formally known as the Policy Analysis Unit (PAU), is under the office of the Secretary General at the Office of the President (OP). PAU was created in the 1980s, to offer policy advisory support to the President through the office of the Secretary General. But the mandate of the unit has been expanded to provide technical advice, support and analysis for the President and Cabinet to improve evidence-based decision-making and policy coordination at the level of the executive. Through more informed decisions and improved coordination, the government will be better able to deliver on its development aspirations as detailed in the National Development Plan and other policy documents. DPSD through its respective units, has been supporting Government sectors to enhance policy formulation and execution, delivery of Government priority programs and policies as well coordinating the activities of developing partners in the country to collectively achieve the NDP goals. Therefore, to keep sectors, development partners and citizens informed on the work of DSPD, a website and social medial platform is necessary to engage and share information with citizens on key issues relating to the NDP and SDGs, through a user-friendly website and social media platforms.
At the same time, the website for the OP needs an upgrade for better access of information on key policy and development issues by sectors and partners in addition to keeping citizens informed and engaged. In this regard, DSPD, with support from UNDP, is looking for a consultant to develop its website, social media platforms and upgrade the website for the Office of the President.
Specific Tasks and Scope of Service
The scope of work of the Consultant(s) will include, but not be limited to:
- Inception report/action plan with clear timelines and outputs.
- Consultations with staff and stakeholders; source and collate relevant information from existing documents/website, team members, OGI and other credible sources and create content for the website and social media platforms.
- Create an independent tab in the website documenting all OGI activities that have been implemented to date.
- Submit draft website and social media tools for validation by DSPD and relevant stakeholders
- Facilitate the launch of the websites and social media platforms; train DSPD/OP staff on website and social media use.
- Facilitate the creation of corporate email addresses for all DSPD staff.
- Inception plan with clear timelines and outputs presented to DSPD and UNDP
- A database-driven website for DSPD, social media platforms and a revamped database-driven website for OP.
- A custom content management system (CMS) and a user manual and training of relevant staff
- Embedded security measures to ensure personal and sensitive data on the site remains protected
- Functional corporate emails
The qualified candidates must have:
- A minimum of bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Programming, Software Engineering, Multimedia Arts, Information Design, Graphic Design, Visual Communications, or related fields.
- Experience in web design, development, and content integration, using the latest platforms and programming languages, and designed for both desktop and mobile, as well as iOS, Android, and other types of devices and operating systems
- Experience in building websites for Central Governments, creative design skills & approach to communications
- Previous work in software development firms, digital marketing agencies, or multimedia newsrooms
- Previous work experience with governments and/or international development agencies would be an asset.
Submit Technical and Financial Proposals to:firstname.lastname@example.org
Email subject: DSPD Website Developer