Leadership and coordination are not only important tasks in the effective running of government, but also serve as an anchor for effective oversight. The effective functioning of the core of government will enable the mobilization of collective expertise from across the public sector for better decision making. For the Office of The President (OP) to demonstrate effective leadership and coordination, a well-constructed Strategic Plan is required. A Strategic Plan will ensure alignment and integration of institutional goals, functions, and actions. It is through strategic planning and execution that the Office of the President can reconcile their responsibilities with available resources and set strategic priorities. It will also give an avenue to build important connections within and among stakeholders. Moreover, a sustainable and flexible execution of the strategy will promote the likelihood that government will deliver on its promises, improving citizens' confidence and trust in government.
The overall objective of this consultancy is to develop a well-structured five-year Strategic Plan for the period 2021-2026, in close collaboration with a high-level Working Group of OP representatives. The Strategic Plan should ensure that OP, and the institutions thereunder, work within their mandate as conferred by the Constitution (Chapter VI), as well as consolidate work towards the same long-term goal in furtherance of the NDP and Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Specific Tasks and Scope of Service
The scope of work of the Consultant(s) will include, but not be limited to:
- Review the mandate of OP, including all OP institutions and components.
- Consult the high-level Working Group for input throughout the process.
- Undertake a situation analysis of OP, including all OP institutions and components.
- Through a consultative process and application of appropriate tools of analysis, identify focus areas and develop strategic objectives and key result areas.
- Review institutional capacity and set-up of OP institutions against their mandates and identify strategic objectives and key results areas and make recommendations.
- Ensure integration and alignment between all offices at OP.
- Propose a strategy for achieving strategic objectives and key results.
- Develop a Result and Resources Framework and Monitoring & Evaluation Framework for the planned period.
The qualified candidates must have:
- At least a master’s degree in a relevant field.
- At least fifteen years of professional experience in the public sector.
- Prior work with government at a senior level.
- Prior strategic planning and development work and evidence of undertaking similar assignments.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, a high level of written and oral communications skills in English.
- Demonstrable, excellent communication and presentation skills. English fluency is required.
Submit Technical and Financial Proposals to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Email subject: Development of DSPD Strategic Plan