|Overview : |
UNDP is looking for 01 National Senior Consultant on Climate Change Policy.
The main objective of the consultant is to support MONRE and UNDP to Develop and Update Viet Nam’s National Climate Change Strategy (NCCS) for the Period 2021-2050, vision 2100. The senior consultant is expected to work closely with a range of International and National Consultants, who are also being mobilised by UNDP and MONRE, and provide general oversight to the process.
The senior consultant will provide oversight to develop four background reports essential to provide the knowledge base to update the National Climate Change Strategy (NCCS) for the period 2021-2030, vision 2050. For this, the consultant will review and synthesize international experiences in the formulation and implementation of climate change strategy in the global change context, support identifying entry-points to strengthen private-sector engagement in the implementation of the NCCS, review the existing NCCS to identify gaps and mitigation needs, and propose revisions, objectives, and solutions.
The consultant will more specifically be responsible to provide advice and review to,
- Technically review and provide advice on the Background Report 1 that synthesizes international experiences on developing and implementing climate change strategies in the context of global change, with a specific focus on experiences of countries and groups of countries in the development of long-term GHG low emission development strategy (LEDS) (5 days);
- Technically review and provide advice on the Background Report 2 that discusses Vietnam’s climate change policy framework and implementation progress in the context of global change and long-term vision, with a specific focus on identifying gaps and mitigation needs for an updated NSCC (3 days);
- Technically review and provide advice on the Background Report 3 assessing the potential of private sector engagement in Viet Nam's climate change response strategy (12 days);
- Technically review and provide advice on the Background Report 4 assessing the climate finance landscape and solutions to promote the resource mobilisation for the implementation of the updated NCCS (3 days); and
- Provide direct technical inputs to develop the National Climate Change Strategy for the period 2021-2050, vision 2100 (12 days).
Specific tasks of the consultant will be described in TOR.
The selection will be on a competitive basis and will comply with UNDP procurement regulations.
Interested offerors are invited to submit Letter of Interest and Availability, CVs financial proposals and other documents following guidance in the Procurement Notice to:
UNDP Viet Nam
304 Kim Ma, Ha Noi, Viet Nam
Direct: (+84 24) 38500283
with notification by email (without attachment) to: email@example.com that the bidder has submitted proposal.
UNDP will not be responsible for the missing of proposal if the bidder does not send notification email to above address.
Deadline for submission: 23.59hrs., 13 June 2021 (Ha Noi time).
We look forward to receiving your proposal by the above deadline.