The emergence of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in 2016 marked a new global ambition and roadmap for rapid and sustained poverty reduction and advancement of human wellbeing worldwide. As such, the attainment of the goals requires concerted efforts from different stakeholders from local, national, and global levels. Notably, since the enactment of the SDGs, the international development community has been increasingly supporting country-level initiatives that advance the attainment of the goals. As we make progress towards Agenda 2030, it is becoming increasingly evident that local participation is not only beneficial for evidence-based policy formulation but relevant for sustainable development in all its dimensions – social, economic, political and environmental.
Following consultations with the Kanifing Municipal Council (KMC), the UNDP Accelerator Lab The Gambia (AcclabGM) has identified a 1000 square meter space within a 35,000 square meters enclosure in the Buffer Zone area of Serrekeunda, to serve as the project base. Project monitoring and evaluation will be implemented by UNDP and KMC using a jointly developed framework with methodologies and inputs provided by a independent expert. The selected contractor is expected to adhere to those guidelines and provisions.
In consultation with AcclabGM, the contractor will:
- Support the independent expert in developing the monitoring framework that will be applied to the project
- Make the necessary arrangements to survey the selected location for the park development and provding the most optimal design with all project components for approval from UNDP
- Construct a community recreation park facility comprising a skatepark, and outdoor gym facility with a childrens playground on the project ground *
- Provide training to a team selected by KMC that will be responsible for park maintenance and upkeep
VII. QUALIFICATIONS OF THE SUCCESSFUL FIRM
- Possess experience constructing recreation parks / leisure facilities
- Possess working experience in developing country contexts
- Proof of project awards for similar contracts
- Experience in logistics management is desired
b. Language and other skills:
- Excellent knowledge of English; and
- Capacity to communicate fluently with different stakeholders (civil society, government authorities, local communities, project staff).
e. Compliance of the UN Core Values:
- Demonstrates integrity by modelling the UN’s values and ethical standards
- Fulfils all obligations to gender sensitivity and zero tolerance for sexual harassment.
The Consultant is required to have the following professional and technical qualifications. Only the applicants who hold these qualifications will be shortlisted and contacted.
The duration of the Consultancy will be 60 working days from the day of contract signature.
Submit Technical and Financial Proposals to: email@example.com
Designing and construction of a Park Facility Promoting Good Health and Well-Being