|Overview : |
National Consultant: Individual Videographer (Philippine Nationals Only)
|Location :||Manila, PHILIPPINES|
|Application Deadline :||02-Jul-21 (Midnight New York, USA)|
|Time left :||15d 4h 7m|
|Type of Contract :||Individual Contract|
|Post Level :||National Consultant|
|Languages Required :||English |
|Starting Date :|
(date when the selected candidate is expected to start)
|Duration of Initial Contract :||26 July 2021 - 26 January 2022|
|Expected Duration of Assignment :||26 July 2021 - 26 January 2022|
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups, and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
Terms of Reference
Project Title: Filming of the UN Resident Coordinator (UNRC)’s Video Messages
The UN in the Philippines is producing 10 video messages of the UNRC for different occasions and for different organizations. The video messages will be filmed by the on-call videographer.
Duties and Responsibilities
Scope of Work *
In close coordination with the Resident Coordinator Office (RCO), and under the guidance of the UN Resident Coordinator (RC), the Videographer, will be on call for the filming of video messages with the following details:
- Film* the UNRC in-person and at a location, the RCO designates while delivering the video message;
- The video message will have a minimum running time of three (3) minutes and a maximum of 45 minutes but with the assumption that it will be filmed in one shoot day;
- Edit each video and finalize it based on the RCO’s feedback;
- Submit the electronic files of the final video to the RCO.
The Videographer will use the filming equipment of the RCO and will be assisted by two (2) UNIC staff members. He must however check the RCO equipment at least one (1) day before the shoot to ensure that they are in good working order. He will not need to bring assistants to the shoots. The video script will also be provided by the RCO.
The Contractor is required to film 10 video messages/projects from the effectivity of this contract until the end of January 2022 and will be paid separately for those.
II. Expected Outputs and Deliverables
The videographer is expected to submit the following outputs per call.
- The edited video one day following the filming;
- Revised video based on feedback from the RCO;
- Final video file
These outputs should be submitted to UNRCO 1 day after the shoot.
- The Contractor will work under the guidance of the RCO. Day-to-day management will be ensured by RCO and UNIC.
- The UNRC will certify the output.
- The Videographer will use the filming equipment of the RCO and will be assisted by two (2) UNIC staff members.
- He/She must however check the RCO equipment at least one (1) day before the shoot to ensure that they are in good working order.
- The video script will also be provided by the RCO.
- Consultants must have required software packages and internet access for carrying out the activities required under this assignment
Duration of the Work
- The Contractor will be required to film 10 video messages of the UNRC on different dates. Tentative dates may be provided at contract award.
- The contract duration will be from 26 July 2022 to 26 January 2022.
- The successful IC will be given 2 days' notice prior to the scheduled video shoot.
Duty Station is in Metro Manila. The IC will need to go to the UN Office in Rockwell Business Center Sheridan Street Mandaluyong City, or to the Residence of the UNRC for the shoot. There will be no travel outside of the duty station.
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UN mission, vision, values, and ethical standards
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality, and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Promotes UNDP's agenda in meetings
- Ability to work in close collaboration with a group of national and international experts, to meet strict deadlines and plan the work according to priorities;
- Demonstrates capacity to plan, organize, and execute effectively;
- The initiative, good analytical skills, mature judgment, and ability to work under tight schedule while respecting deadlines achievement, ethics, and honesty;
- Ability to establish effective working relations in a diverse environment
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
- Builds strong relationships with internal and external clients;
- Demonstrated ability to function in a team environment and to deal with a complex multi-stakeholder environment
- Good ability to use information and communication technologies as tools and resources;
- Excellent written communication and presentation/public speaking skills focus on results, ability to interact productively in a teamwork environment
Required Skills and Experience
Qualifications of the Successful Contractor
The successful IC should meet the following minimum qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Film making, Visual Arts, Photography, or other related fields. Experience
- At least five (5) years of experience in professional filmmaking/videography
- Minimum 5 years of experience shooting any high-quality films/videos
- Has completed at least five (5) films/videos produced for government agencies, international organizations, businesses, or non-government organizations
Language: Proficiency in English and Filipino
Scope of Bid Price and Schedule of Payments
- Offerors must submit a fixed lump-sum price per video shoot. It is assumed that cost of each video will be the same for each call.
- The Contractor must include in the computation of the contract price all fees, inclusive of professional fees; travel cost within NCR; coordination and communication costs; taxes; etc
- 100% Payment will be made based on submission and acceptance of each video.
Criteria for Evaluation
The Offers received will be evaluated using a combined scoring method - where the qualifications will be weighted 70% and combined with the price offer which will be weighted 30%.
For the evaluation of the CV, the selection of the successful consultant will be based on the following qualifications (with the appropriate obtainable points). Only applications that will obtain a minimum of 49 out of 70 obtainable points will be qualified for the financial evaluation.
Max Obtainable Points
Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Film making, Visual Arts, Photography, or other related fields.
(Minimum 20 points for bachelor’s degree, additional points for additional degree, maximum of 5 points)
At least five (5) years of experience in professional filmmaking/ videography
(minimum 14 points for 5 years experience, additional points for additional years, maximum of 20 points)
Submission of at least three (3) films/videos produced for government agencies, international organizations, businesses, or non-government organizations
(maximum 6.66 points per film/video)
Language (Proficiency in English and Filipino)
Pass / Fail
Recommended Presentation of Offer
- Duly accomplished Offeror's Letter to UNDP Confirming Interest and Availability for the IC that indicates the all-inclusive lumpsum contract price, supported by a breakdown of costs, as per template provided; If an Offeror is employed by an organization/company/institution, and he/she expects his/her employer to charge a management fee in the process of releasing him/her to UNDP under Reimbursable Loan Agreement (RLA), the Offeror must indicate at this point, and ensure that all such costs are duly incorporated in the financial proposal submitted to UNDP;
- Financial Proposal (Annex 2 of Offeror's Letter to UNDP Confirming Interest and Availability)- use UNDP Template
- Personal CV or P11 Personal History Form, indicating all past experience from similar projects, as well as the contact details (email and telephone number) of the Candidate and at least three (3) professional references;
Offerors must upload in one (1) file the aforementioned documents.
Templates for a) P11 Personal History Form and b) Offeror's Letter to UNDP Confirming Interest and Availability and Financial Proposal (Annex 2) are available through the link below. UNDP General Terms and Conditions for Individual Contractors are also available: http://gofile.me/6xdJm/bE9TCw8fU
Incomplete submission of required documents may result in disqualification.
Please see the deadline of submissions above.
In view of the volume of applications, UNDP receives, only shortlisted offerors will be notified.
YOU MAY APPLY DIRECTLY HERE: Jobs - 99868- National Consultant: Individual Videographer (Phil (undp.org)