|Overview : |
To apply, interested persons should upload the combined* Technical Proposal/Methodology (if applicable), CV and Offeror’s Letter to “UNDP Jobs” by navigating to the link below and clicking “APPLY NOW”, no later than the date indicated on the “UNDP Jobs” website. Applications submitted via email will not be accepted**: -
UNDP Job Site – https://jobs.undp.org/cj_view_job.cfm?cur_job_id=100070 (cut and paste into browser address bar if the link does not work)
* PLEASE NOTE: The system allows the upload of one (1) document ONLY – if you are required to submit a Technical Proposal/Methodology, this document along with your CV/P11 and Offeror’s Letter, MUST be combined and uploaded as one.
NOTE: The Financial Proposal should not be uploaded to “UNDP Jobs”**.
**Please email the password-protected Financial Proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line of your email must contain the following: “BBRSO144101 Financial Proposal – Your Name”
If the password for your Financial Proposal is required, it will be requested by the Procurement Unit.
Any request for clarification must be sent in writing to email@example.com within three (3) days of the publication of this notice, ensuring that the reference number above is included in the subject line. The UNDP Barbados & the OECS Procurement Unit will post the responses*** two (2) days later, including an explanation of the query without identifying the source of inquiry, to: -
http://procurement-notices.undp.org/view_notice.cfm?notice_id=80023 (cut and paste into browser address bar if the link does not work)
A detailed Procurement Notice, TOR, and all annexes can be found by clicking the above link.
*** UNDP shall endeavour to provide such responses to clarifications in an expeditious manner, but any delay in such response shall not cause an obligation on the part of UNDP to extend the submission date of the Proposals, unless UNDP deems that such an extension is justified and necessary
The multi-country office in Barbados is overseeing two projects under the Nature, Climate and Energy portfolio, funded by the Global Environmental Facility (GEF) in the focal areas of Biodiversity and Sustainable Land Management. The project “Conserving biodiversity and reducing land degradation using a Ridge-to-Reef approach” is implemented by UNDP under a National Implementation Modality, whereby the Ministry of Agriculture is the main Implementing Partner. The complementary project, “Addressing Land Degradation in the Georgetown Watershed” is managed by UNEP. However, through a UN Agency to UN Agency agreement, UNEP has transferred funds to UNDP to take on the implementation of the project, given its complementarity to the Ridge to Reef project. Both projects started implementation last year, managed under one project management unit. UNDP is now seeking a Chief Technical Advisor with nuanced understanding of interconnected issues of biodiversity conservation, climate change, Sustainable Land Management (SLM), SFM, natural resources management, vulnerability, inequality who can quickly and effectively provide technical expertise to advance both project objectives and enhance environmental protection and sustainable resource use in St Vincent and the Grenadines. Below is a summary of both projects.
- DOCUMENTS TO BE INCLUDED WHEN SUBMITTING THE PROPOSALS
Interested individual consultants must submit the following documents/information to demonstrate their qualifications:
1. Technical proposal
- Statement of why the individual considers her/himself suitable for this consultancy;
- CV indicating all past experience, as well as the contact details (email and telephone number) of the consultant and at least three (3) professional references.
2. Financial Proposal
- Applicants are instructed to submit their financial proposals in US Dollars for this consultancy in accordance with the Letter of Offer Attached as an Annex.
SCOPE OF WORK, RESPONSIBILITIES AND DESCRIPTION OF THE PROPOSED ANALYTICAL WORK
The Chief Technical Advisor/BD Expert (CTA/BD Expert) will be internationally recruited, based on an open competitive process. He/She will be involved part-time throughout the implementation of the project. The CTA will report to the Project Manager and the Programme Manager in the Multi-Country Office. The main duty of the CTA/BD Expert will be to provide technical guidance to the Project Coordinator and the Implementing Partner (MAFFRIL) on the overall implementation of project activities, technical support for the Project implementation of biodiversity and PA related activities and overall mainstreaming of biodiversity and gender into Project activities, and overall technical support to staff of the MAFFRIL and other relevant institutions and partners on PA management and biodiversity
- Undertake such travel as may be required in connection with project execution and monitoring
- Undertake any other activities required for the fulfilment of the mandate of the post
- Perform other duties within your functional profile as assigned and deemed necessary for the efficient functioning of the office.
- Detailed work plan, including a schedule of 35 working days spread over 2021, two weeks after signing the contract.
- Detailed work plan, including a schedule of the remaining 165 working days spread over the 2022 calendar year, December 2021.
- Submission of quarterly progress reports, including analyses and inputs, quality assurance and lessons learned conducted within the quarter.
- Attending progress meetings and any other required activities;
- Attendance Project Board meetings when required, whether virtual or in person;
- Provide recommendations to the Project Board;