|Overview : |
The overall purpose of the assignment is to support the Government of Botswana through the Ministry of International Affairs and Cooperation to develop and implement the Economic Diplomacy Strategy in contribution to the government’s efforts for economic growth and prosperity
- Through Vision 2036, Botswana has embraced an ambitious objective to achieve high income status by 2036. The Economic Diplomacy Strategy must therefore provide guidance, taking into consideration the global trade environment and the geo-political context to ensure that the country can compete effectively to set herself apart as a preferred FDI destination. Also taking into account the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and embracing the principle of “leave no one behind.”
- Vision 2036, which recognises that in order for Botswana to achieve prosperity for all, its economy needs to progress upwards, is therefore, the anchor of the Economic Diplomacy Strategy. It is important therefore that the Strategy encompasses all four of the Vision 2036 Pillars.
- Sustainable Economic Development;
- Human and Social Development;
- Sustainable Environment; and
- Governance, Peace and Security.