|Overview : |
Objective of the assignment
Under the direct supervision of the IncluCity programme manager, a senior consultant is required to develop technical tools for the programme that will include 1) Inclucivity Index and 2) City Score Card for Inclusive Investments. The consultant will laisse with the programme teams in countries to gather required input and to carry out consultations with partners on ground.
The senior consultant is expected to start in immediately upon signing of the contract and to be completed within three (3) months from the effectivity of the contract. The duty station will be home-based with virtual or face-to-face meetings when required by either the senior consultant or UNCDF.
Scope of work
Under this assignment, the consultant is expected to undertake the following duties and responsibilities:
1. Develop Inclucivity Index:
- Laisse with country teams and global programme manager to lead discussions on the new tool
- Review existing tools and documents related to inclusive development financing and municipal investments
- Prepare outline of the Index based on the initial feedback
- Develop detailed criteria for the Inclucivity Index for internal discussion.
- Present the draft Index to the internal and external team for feedback.
- Finalize the Index criteria and indicators
- Develop a guidance note detailing Index criteria, indicator definition and the methodology for the application of the Index.
- Finalize the Index tool and the guidance note after the feedback from CDF team. 2.
2. Develop City Score Card for Inclusive Investments:
- Conduct dialogue with Inclucity team to initiate the process for the development of the tool.
- Assess the WEEI tool and other impact measurement tools used by UNCDF for municipal investments.
- Review existing tools used for inclusive investments in cities including those developed by UN Habitat, UCLG and Cities Alliance
- Develop a draft city score card for review and internal feedback.
- Present and finalize the score card based on the feedback received from internal and external experts.
- Develop a guidance note for the City Score Card for details on the Scoring criteria, definitions and the methodology.
- Finalize the tools and the guidance note after internal consultations and the feedback
For full details please access this link: UNCDF Jobs - 101855- Consultant to Develop IncluCivity Index and Score (undp.org)