|Overview : |
- To appoint a service provider(s) to:
- Provide a digital product for training and development in science, technology, engineering and mathematics to three selected public TVET Colleges,
- Install and commission (inclusive of training of relevant lecturers) the digital product supplied; and
- Train selected lecturers (6 lecturers x 4 campuses of TVET colleges) in the use, care and maintenance of the digital product supplied.
- The public TVET Colleges are governed by the Continuing Education and Training Act, Act 16 of 2006 and fall within the jurisdiction of the Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET). According to the Act, the task of a public TVET College is to -
(a) Register students for all learning and training programmes leading to qualifications at levels 2 to 4 of the National Qualifications Framework or such further education and training levels determined by SAQA and 50 contemplated in the South African Qualifications Authority Act, 1995 (Act No. 58 of 1995), which levels are above general education but below higher education; and
(b) take responsibility for the registration of students, the provision and delivery of the curriculum and the assessment of students.
- The UNDP, in association with DHET identified three public TVET Colleges to be supported to improve their offerings to students in engineering studies with a focus on the automotive manufacturing sector.
- The three beneficiary colleges are –
Swinton Road Campus of Coastal KZN College, Belville and Wingfield Campuses of Northlink College and Centurion Campus of Tshwane South College.
PRE-BID WILL HELD ON THE 25TH NOVEMBER 2021 and bidders should confirm interest to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 23rd November 2021. Pre-Bid link will be shared with those who confirmed interest of bid submission on or before 24th November 2021.