|Overview : |
The main aim of this assignment is to identify and support the implementation of a mix of regulatory and market-based interventions that conservation authorities can implement, such as enhancement of revenue collection and retention, and development of a tourism product offering that can be developed for commercialisation. It will also include motivation for valuing ecosystem services that protected areas provide to motivate for more public expenditure allocation. Conservation authorities will be able to generate more revenue through improved regulatory governance and implementing of revenue raising activities.
The ultimate goals of this assignment are to:
- Improve the financial sustainability of the 5 Protected Area Management Authorities by optimizing and diversifying revenue streams and by improving cost efficiencies.
- Develop a plan that the Protected Area Management Authorities can use to retain the revenue generated; and
- Optimise revenue generation and management efforts for the Protected Area Management Authorities.
- Identify new mechanisms for sourcing revenue for the Protected Area Management Authorities to fulfil their respective conservation and ecotourism management goals.
- Propose enabling mechanisms (governance, institutional and legal) that can enhance own revenue generation