|Overview : |
Call for Proposals for Grants
Grant to support COVID-19 affected youth living in slums of Western Urban with social services
Deadline: 24th May 2022
UNDP in collaboration with the Ministry of Youth Affairs is supporting interventions aimed at recovery of the most vulnerable youth and women affected by the COVID-19. In this regard, UNDP has issued a call for proposal for Grants to Youth led Nonprofit organization (CSO/NGO/Foundation) to provide support to 200 vulnerable youth living in slums of Western Urban with social services including psychosocial support, and life skills to improve their knowledge and develop values.
The main objective of this grant selection process is to identify a suitable Youth led Nonprofit organization (CSO/NGO/Foundation) with operational presence and specialized expertise to support 200 COVID-19 affected youth living in slums or on the streets from Western Urban with social services including psychosocial support, and life skills to improve their knowledge and develop values. [The grant amount is US $20,000].
The grant is not able to fund provision of direct services or operating/running costs unrelated to proposed activities as outlined in this call.
The grants must be executed within a period of not more than one month.
- Youth led Non-profit organizations (CSO/NGO/Foundation)
- Eligible Youth Organizations should have specialized expertise in provision of social services including psychosocial support, and life skills proven experience. Experience in implementing initiatives with similar scope and nature is required.
- Organizations should have operational presence in the targeted area – Western Urban.
- Organizations should be registered in accordance with the legal requirements of the Government of Sierra Leone.
- Organizations may submit joint proposals as coalitions. In this case, main applicants must provide support letters from relevant co-applicants specifying their respective role. In case of joint proposals, the main applicant shall have proven experience in the proposed area of programming for the grant.
Only one submission per organization is allowed. Once the application is complete and submitted, revised versions of proposal documents will not be accepted.
The deadline for applications is 5:00pm on Tuesday, 24th May 2022. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered. Grant Proposals Submissions are to be made electronically in one file (pdf format) signed and scanned to the following email: email@example.com. Hard copies may be submitted to United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) at UNDP Reception Area, Fourah Bay Close, Off Main Motor Road, Wilberforce, Freetown, Sierra Leone.
ADDITIONAL DETAILS THROUGH THE EMAIL ABOVE.