|Overview : |
Call for Proposals for Grants
Grants to support recovery of youth and women affected by COVID-19
Deadline: 24th May 2022
UNDP in collaboration with the Ministry of Youth Affairs is supporting interventions aimed at recovery of the most vulnerable youth and women affected by the COVID-19. In this regard, UNDP has issued a call for proposal for Grants to Non-profit organization (CSO/NGO/Academia/Foundation to support youth and women businesses.
The main objective of this grant selection process is to identify a suitable Nonprofit organization (CSO/NGO/Academia/Foundation) with operational presence and expertise to support 100 youth and women led businesses in Western Area Urban affected by COVID-19. These will be provided with a COVID-19 stimulus packages that will serve as an immediate financial assistance to enable them restart operations and contribute to longer term financial support.
The total grant amount is US $65,000 which includes direct support to the project targeted 100 youth and women affected businesses and administrative overheads of not more than 10%.
The grant is not able to fund provision of direct services or operating/running costs unrelated to proposed activities as outlined in this call.
The grants must be executed within a period of not more than one and half months.
- Non-profit organizations (CSO/NGO/Academia/Foundation)
- Eligible Organizations should have proven experience in the proposed area of programming for the grant. Experience of managing of projects with similar scope is required.
- Organizations should have operational presence in the targeted area - Western Area Urban.
- Organizations should be registered in accordance with the legal requirements of the Government of Sierra Leone
- Organizations may submit joint proposals as coalitions. In this case, main applicants must provide support letters from relevant co-applicants specifying their respective role. In case of joint proposals, the main applicant shall have proven experience in the proposed area of programming for the grant.
Only one submission per organization is allowed. Once the application is complete and submitted, revised versions of proposal documents will not be accepted.
The deadline for applications is 5:00pm on Tuesday, 24th May 2022. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered. Grant Proposals Submissions are to made electronically in one file (pdf format) signed and scanned to the following email: email@example.com. Hard copies may be submitted to United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) at UNDP Reception Area, Fourah Bay Close, Off Main Motor Road, Wilberforce, Freetown, Sierra Leone.
ADDITIONAL DETAILS THROUGH THE EMAIL ABOVE.