|Overview : |
The consultant will provide technical assistance in coordinating the roll out of the Gender Equality Seal for Public Institutions in South Africa and offering technical support to the public institutions that will express interest in enrolling for the Seal.
To this end, the consultant under the supervision of the gender specialist of the UNDP Office in South Africa, will carry out the following activities:
- Facilitate a stakeholder consultation on the Gender Equality Seal with interested and invited public Institutions
- Support institutions in the development of the Gender Seal process throughout all its steps: 1) Online self-diagnosis of the institution 2) Development, implementation, and monitoring of the Action Plan for Improvement; 3) Preparation for the external evaluation.
- Accompany the implementation of staff surveys and the collection of quantitative data,
- Conduct at least 3 awareness and/or training sessions on gender equality to the staff of each institution.
- Provide technical assistance in the collection of information to feed the online self-diagnosis and in the elaboration of the action plan.
- Accompany the development and implementation of the Gender Equality Policy and action plan.
- Support the PI in the evaluation process to obtain the Gender Equality Seal, working on the requirements of evidence and necessary documentation of the institution.