|Overview : |
The Support to Public Financial Management (PFM) project has been implemented since 2015 by UNDP in partnership with South Sudanese government counterparts, the Government of Japan and African Development Bank. Recent funding obtained by UNDP and UNICEF from the Joint SDG Fund is adding to UNDP’s efforts in the PFM domain in South Sudan. The project aims at strengthening the overall governance and public financial management systems at the state level.
The Public Financial Management project built on UNDP’s past achievements in providing technical assistance to national and state governments. This support centered on budgetary planning, public finance management, and harmonized tax management system through the provision of Information Communication Technology (ICT) infrastructure, capacity building, tax management system, dissemination of knowledge products such as manuals, and improved public finance governance at the state levels.
The main objective of the grant is to identify State Mentoring Team and building their capacity in public financial management, specifically for accountability and transparency in the revenue generation and usage for the provision of social services in the 3 States of Central Equatoria, Northern Bahr El Ghazal, and Western Equatoria to:
- Enhance the capacities of the mentoring team in each state to play a vital role in advocating for accountability for revenues generated for the provision of social services to the people.
- Able to discuss with duty bearers the need for efficient use of the revenue generated
- Appreciate the SDGs and be able to advocate for them.
- Promote for the localization of the SDGs and implementation of the SDGs at all levels
The organisations are encouraged to develop their own methodology for the training and others during the period of implementation of the assignment. Expected results will include the following:
- Needs assessment and gap analysis
- Organize the mentoring team
- Prepare training guidelines/manuals
- Undertake training
- Report on the training process