|Overview : |
National Consultant as Sustainable Cold Chain Consultant - Provision of technical service to support greening the cold chain in SIDS
Project: Capacity building and support to the implementation of the Montreal Protocol in various programme countries in the Small Island Developing States (Seychelles)
UNDP is developing a cold chain offer for SIDS to help identify sustainable development opportunities aligning with Blue Economy pathway. Therefore, UNDP would like to engage with a national expert to collect relevant information and facilitate the stakeholder consultation in adopting the sustainable cold chain solution in SIDS. The national expert will work closely with the National Ozone Unit (NOU) and other stakeholders to conduct a survey on the characteristic of the local cold chain, including stakeholder mapping, relevant national policy, regulation and standard, technology status, refrigerant consumption, capacity of the cooling system, market demand, energy supply and level of the efficiency, business models, among other data; assess the gaps, challenges and opportunities to adopt sustainable cold chain solutions. An international expert will provide technical support and advice to the national consultant in the process in the data collection, analysis and stakeholder consultation. This preliminary work is supported by a grant from the Government of New Zealand administered by UNDP.
Objective of the Assignment
The national Cold Chain consultant shall provide following technical support:
• Review background information and previous inventories on cold chain studies at the national level.
• Identify and characterize the refrigeration equipment, installations and uses in each step of the cold chain.
• Give inputs to the international experts on the methodology, design and application of the survey for data collection.
• Identify and characterize the major end users of the cold chain, according to sub-application.
• Conduct the data collection surveys to gather information on the cold chain stakeholders, technologies used, installed equipment, cooling capacities, leakage rates, trends, and other subjects defined by the international expert and government partners.
• Review collected data and results.
• Elaborate a report based on the collected information and the guidelines provided by the international expert.
• Support the international expert and review its assumptions on the elaboration of future projections in line with local conditions, provide recommendations in building sustainable cold chain infrastructures.
• Support and facilitate the stakeholder consultation.
• Support knowledge management and outreach activities to mainstream survey results and further development of UNDP’s cold chain offer for SIDS.
This assignment is for duration of 40 days spread over 5 months.
Submission of Application
Applications should be sent through email : email@example.com on or before Friday 08 July 2022 - 16:00 hours Mauritius time (GMT+4)
Annex A - Letter of confirmation of interest and availability and Submission of financial proposal
Annex B - Model Contact IC
Annex C - UNDP GCC IC
Annex D - P11
Terms of Reference