- Masters in Electrical engineering with a focus on energy end uses and EE/RE;
- At least 10 years of relevant professional experience in similar assignment at national or international level
- Sufficient demonstrated experience in energy end use analysis and energy efficiency in buildings; EE policy development;
- Experience in RE/EE/EC policy development in the developing countries
- Excellent analytical skills; very good inter-personal skills and ability to work with a multitude of stakeholders’ environment.;
- Experience of providing capacity building support to government and private sector counterparts.
- Excellent communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Full proficiency in English, both written and verbal.
Price Proposal and Schedule of Payments
Consultant must send a financial proposal based on Lump Sum Amount. The total amount quoted shall be all-inclusive and include all costs components required to perform the deliverables identified in the TOR, including professional fee, and any other applicable cost to be incurred by the IC in completing the assignment. The contract price will fixed output-based price regardless of extension of the herein specified duration. Payments will be done upon completion of the deliverables/outputs and as per below percentages:
- Deliverable 1, Submission of the inception report: 10% of total contract amount
- Deliverable (2) Report on analysis of survey on the effectiveness of existing enforced policies and regulations for the building sector in FSM in public sector and Deliverable (3) Report on a comparative evaluation of domestic and foreign EC & EE policies and regulations for building sector in FSM (30%)
- Deliverable (4) Develop proposed policies or regulations on the practice and application of EC & EC in public sector based on the comparative analysis and Deliverable (5) Develop policies on the enhanced involvement of qualified women in the promotion and implementation of EC & EE technology designs and application in public sector buildings. (20%)
- Deliverable (6) Develop polices of institutional and financial policies regarding the savings/revenue generated by public sector buildings (20%)
- Deliverable (7) Report on recommendations on the integration of international EC&EE policies or regulations to fit FSM environment. (20%)
In general, UNDP shall not accept travel costs exceeding those of an economy class ticket. Should the IC wish to travel on a higher class he/she should do so using their own resources
In the event of unforeseeable travel not anticipated in this TOR, payment of travel costs including tickets, lodging and terminal expenses should be agreed upon, between the respective business unit and the Individual Consultant, prior to travel and will be reimbursed.
Evaluation Method and Criteria
Individual consultants will be evaluated based on the following Cumulative analysis methodology.
The award of the contract shall be made to the individual consultant whose offer has been evaluated and determined as a) responsive/compliant/acceptable; and b) having received the highest score out of set of weighted technical criteria (70%). and financial criteria (30%). Financial score shall be computed as a ratio of the proposal being evaluated and the lowest priced proposal received by UNDP for the assignment.
Technical Criteria for Evaluation (Maximum 70 points)
- Criteria 1: Master’s in electrical engineering with a focus on energy end uses and EE/RE;
– Max 10 points
- Criteria 2: At least 10 years of relevant professional experience in similar assignment at national or international level - Max 10 Points
- Criteria 3: Sufficient demonstrated experience in: energy end use analysis and energy efficiency in buildings; EE policy development- Max 10 Points
- Criteria 4: Experience in RE/EE/EC policy development in the developing countries-Max 10 points
- Criteria 5: Excellent analytical skills; very good inter-personal skills and ability to work with a multitude of stakeholders’ environment-Max 10 points
- Criteria 6: Experience of providing capacity building support to government and private sector counterparts-Max 10 points
- Criteria 7: Assessment of approach/methodology described in technical proposal to conduct the assignment– Max 10 Points
Only candidates obtaining a minimum of 49 points (70% of the total technical points) would be considered for the Financial Evaluation.
Shortlisted candidates shall be called for an interview which will be used to confirm and/or adjust the technical scores awarded based on documentation submitted.
Interested individual consultants must submit the following documents/information to demonstrate their qualifications. Please group them into one (1) single PDF document as the application only allows to upload maximum one document:
- Letter of Confirmation of Interest and Availability using the template provided in Annex II.
- Personal CV, indicating all past experience from similar projects, as well as the contact details (email and telephone number) of the Candidate and at least three (3) professional references.
- Technical proposal, including a) a brief description of why the individual considers him/herself as the most suitable for the assignment; and b) a methodology, on how they will approach and complete the assignment.
- Financial proposal, as per template provided in Annex II. Note: National consultants must quote prices in United States Dollars (USD).
Note: Successful individual will be required to provide proof of medical insurance coverage before commencement of contract for the duration of the assignment.
Incomplete and joint proposals may not be considered. Consultants with whom there is further interest will be contacted. The successful consultant shall opt to sign an Individual Contract or a Reimbursable Loan Agreement (RLA) through its company/employer with UNDP.
For any clarification regarding this assignment please write to email@example.com
Please visit UNDP job site link:UNDP Jobs and find the Job title under Climate & Disaster Resiliance section to submit your online application.