|Overview : |
Working under the overall guidance of the Global LoCAL Facility Manager and on the ground supervision of the Technical Specialist (Local Government Finance) and in close collaboration with the Government of Ghana through the Ministry of Local Government and Rural Development (MLGDRD), Environmental Protection Agency, Ministry of Food and Agriculture and its other partners, the expert will be responsible for contributing to the assignment as follows:
- The regulatory and policy frameworks for circular economy and climate smart agriculture and the actors involved together with the progress made with these in relation to ongoing programmes and initiatives.
- Based on the regulatory and policy frameworks, undertake a needs assessment at the District Assembly level on the extent of mainstreaming CE and CSA in their planning, budgeting, and implementation. The needs assessment will look at the overall ecosystem for CE and CSA mainstreaming at the Municipal and District Assemblies levels and focus initially on the three (3) LoCAL beneficiary Municipal and District Assemblies namely, Efutu, Ada East and Fanteakwa North Municipal as the first sample group. The assessment should also focus on a second group, to include an additional three (3) District Assemblies from the GrEEn target districts that could deploy CE and CSA under the LoCAL framework.
- The needs identified would establish the causes and prioritised for an improved response from the Municipal and District Assemblies to these key areas of their economy for sustainable management of the local economies.
- Develop district level guidelines to aid District Assemblies in fulfilling their mandates in respect of the CE and CSA as part of the implementation of their respective Medium-Term Development Plans (MTDPs) and Annual Action Plans (AAPs). The specific content and focus of the guidelines will be determined based on findings from the needs assessment and review of existing tools and approaches already in use/available at the district/country level.
- Establish the capacities required through training workshops that will promote the mainstreaming of CE and CSA into the planning, budgeting and implementation mandates of the target LoCAL Assemblies in line with the guidelines developed.
- Make recommendations for the uptake of the guidelines at the districts level and by relevant national institutions to improve the status quo.
- Assess the investment menu for LoCAL and make proposals for integration of CE and CSA principles in investments for use by Assemblies for their planning and budgeting operations.
- Make recommendations for monitoring and implementation of CE and CSA as critical new areas of district development operations
For full details, please access: UNCDF Jobs - 112560- National Consultant to conduct Needs Assessment an (undp.org)