Knowledge Fair Management tasks:
• Coordinate all the processes involved in the KF.
• Reassures the quality of the of the deliverables.
• Establish timelines for the development and execution of the KF.
• Liaise with the UNDP’s technical team and management team on the development of the event.
• Coordinates meetings and follow-up the KF Advisory Board to review important documents/actions to provide feedback and validation/approval.
o Advisory Board should include EU, UN Women, UNFPA, UNICEF and CARICOM representatives along with UNDP.
• In coordination with UNDP’s Team, maintains a close relationship with the Government of Barbados with the accompaniment of UNDP.
• In coordination with UNDP’s Team, lead high-level communications with stakeholders.
• In coordination with UNDP’s Team, lead resource mobilization (partners and/or sponsors) and stakeholders.
• Leads the organization of the cultural/social events and activities during the fair for the promotion of a peace culture without violence.
• Full oversight overt the logistical arrangements for the Knowledge Fair before and during the event.
• Maintain relations with the service providers: venue (conference center), hotels, catering, communications, video and photography services, printing and or media services, etc.
• Prepare and update the budget for the event.
• Prepare and coordinate Save the Date and other relevant information/updates to stakeholders involved.
• Ensure that the necessary protocols for inviting VIPs are in place and maintained.
Technical Support Knowledge Fair:
• In coordination with the Content & Methodology Support person and UNDP’s Team develop the concept note and agenda, in close relation with the Advisory Board and with the final approval of UNDP.
• In coordination with UNDP’s and the Regional Programme’s communication team, follow-up, and development of communication strategies with the communication company. This includes follow-up of other communication materials (videos, brochures, event web page, and registration).
• Liaise with necessary parties regarding the exhibitions.
• In coordination with the Logistic Support Consultant, review the draft logistic notes for the different participants.
• In coordination with the Logistic Support Consultant, review the list of participants, the definition of speakers/presenters, and cultural activities.
• Review and supervise the documents and actions developed by the Content & Methodology Support person and obtain approval of the content and methodological actions. Some of this will include:
o Call for proposal process (review of terms of reference, dissemination of announcement, review evaluation documents, co-lead the evaluation process, prepare announcement for chosen activities, follow up with selected experiences for their participation).
o Definition of presentations for the experiences and cultural activities.
• Troubleshoot and handle any adhoc requests/challenges related to the event.
• In charge of the results of the Fair including its evaluations, follow-up of result indicators y final deliverables.
o With Content & Methodology Support consultant prepares monitoring and evaluation methodology for the event for internal reporting purposes and measuring the out-reach/impact of the event.
o Develop final reports or other visual documentation (PPT, etc.) so showcase results.
o Prepare the Final Report highlighting good practices, lesson learnt, challenges and recommendations.
The qualified -Knowledge Fair Manager Consultant - will be the contact person of the Fair and will have the crucial role to liaison with
all stakeholders during the different stages of the event.
This specific tender is managed via the new supplier portal system of UNDP.