PROJECT ID 94557 - JMA Project
RFP/MUS/2020/002 – Service Provision for Communications/Information for UNDP JMA Project
The JMA Demonstration Project is assisting Seychelles and Mauritius in the development and demonstration of new management approaches for such Extended Continental Shelf areas which can provide lessons and management techniques which can be replicated both within the Western Indian Ocean as well as other similar maritime zones globally.
SCOPE OF WORK
The overall communication objectives lie in using the best communication tools and channels, to ensure that the right people get the right message at the right time in the appropriate format. The main objective of the consultancy would be to develop a core communication strategy for the JMA Demonstration Project.
The communication and information objectives of the UNDP-JMA Demonstration Project aims at targeting the following audience:
- national, regional and international public;
- broadcast medias, including television and radio;
- the online community;
- the academia, research and their related institutions, and
- business sector stakeholders
- Raising awareness about the uniqueness of the JMA Demonstration Project and positioning it as the first jointly managed innovative project that will provide cutting edge management mechanisms to explore and exploit natural resources sustainably in the JMA.
- Educating the target audience about the unique groundbreaking work of the JMA Demonstration Project, including the younger generation.
- Ensuring that the public understands that increased research and exploration will contribute to informed evidence-based decision making and increased benefits economically, socially and environmentally.
- Placing the JMA Demonstration Project at the forefront, to act as a precedent in piloting new mechanisms and strategies for future Extended Continental Shelf management.
- Generating national and international interest in the JMA Demonstration Project.
- Prepare materials to attract business interest in the JMA.
- Submission of an assignment workplan
- Development of JMA branding
- Development of a press/media database for JMA
- Develop of ToR for Stakeholder Engagement working group (WG)
- Development and production of Media Kit
- Development and design of website pages
- Development of Social Media Platforms
- Communication Strategy for Stakeholder Engagement working group (WG)
- Development of a JMA Stakeholders’ Mailing list
- Development and production of a photo gallery (at least 100)
- Development and production of Audio (at least 4) and Video (at least 1)
- Development and production of visibility materials
The selected service provider will provide service to the Joint Commission through Department for Continental Shelf, Marine Zones Administration and Exploration, Prime Minister’s Office, Mauritius and report to the National Project Director (NPD), through the Project Manager and the UNDP Head of Environment Unit.
All deliverables shall be approved by the UNDP in consultation with the NPD and the Project Steering Committee.
DURATION OF WORK
Service Provider’s work schedule shall be for 55-person-days until March 2021.
QUALIFICATIONS OF SUCCESSFUL SERVICE PROVIDER
The Service Provider shall be a firm satisfying the following criteria:
- At least 7 years’ management/consultancy experience in Mauritius with experience in developing and delivering marketing, communications and awareness raising materials with innovative, creative, social communication and problem-solving skills
- At Least 5 years’ experience in graphics and web design
- At Least 5 years ‘experience in photography and videography.
The individual (s) in the firm shall satisfy the following criteria:
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in graphics design or related field, with at least 3 years’ experience in preparing user friendly materials designed specifically to enable individual and collective learning.
Submission of Application
Applications should be sent through email : firstname.lastname@example.org on or before Wednesday 01 July 2020 - 16:00 hours Mauritian time (GMT+4)
Subject Line: RFP/MUS/2020/002 – Service Provision for Communications for UNDP JMA Project
RFP Document & Annex 1 - Description of Requirements
Annex 2 Form for Submission
Annex 3 UNDP GTC - Institutional Contact (de minimis)
Annex 4 Model Contract for Services (FACE SHEET)
Terms of Reference
Clarifications to Queries are available with the uploaded documents.
All queries and responses are uploaded and available for viewing and downloading.
Procurement unit has closed receiving queries for this RFP. No more clarification will be provided.