|Overview : |
UNDP is seeking competent consultants to be part of a roster of Meteorological and Early Warning Systems Technologies technical specialists to support the design, procurement and implementation of Meteorological and Early warning systems for UNDP worldwide projects.
Objective of the assignment:
The Meteorological and Early Warning Systems Technologies Technical Specialist, under the guidance of the Project Manager, will support the project’s partner countries in diverse developing countries in issues relating to alternative and effective low-cost technologies to generate climate and weather information, as well as, early warning systems (i.e. leap frog innovative technologies).
See Terms of Reference Enclosed for more details
Interested applicants are advised to carefully review this advertisement and ensure that they meet the requirements and qualifications described
Period of Roster Consultancy – 3 years with typical assignments of 9 working days over a 45-day period.
Submission of Proposals:
- Interested individual consultants must submit the following documents/information to demonstrate their qualifications:
- Duly accomplished Letter of Confirmation of Interest and Availability using the template provided by UNDP (Attached).
- This includes the Financial Proposal. To be submitted in English
- Personal CV or P11, indicating all past experiences from similar projects, as well as the contact details (email and telephone number) of the Candidate and at least three (3) professional references.
- Submissions to be sent to the email: email@example.com clearly mentioning the subject line: PSU/2020/CREE/Roster001
- New proposals from Individuals who already submitted before old deadline of 3rd August will not be considered
(old) Closing date: 3rd August 2020 6pm Copenhagen Time Zone -
Closing Date now extended to 21 August 2020. Proposals already submitted in the earlier notice need not be resubmitted.
Financial Proposal Fee base:All-inclusive daily fee.
- Financial proposal should include an all-inclusive daily rate and shall take into account various expenses incurred by the consultant/contractor during the contract period (e.g. Professional fee, rent of dwelling, insurances, vaccination, visa costs and any other relevant expenses related to the performance of services...). All envisaged costs (except of the unforeseen travel costs for missions, if any) must be included in the financial proposal.
- Unforeseen travel costs for missions, if any, will be paid separately according to UNDP rules and regulations.
- Per diems cannot exceed UN DSA rates (https://icsc.un.org/)
- If an Offeror is employed by an organization/company/institution, and he/she expects his/her employer to charge a management fee in the process of releasing him/her to UNDP under Reimbursable Loan Agreement (RLA), the Offeror must indicate at this point, and ensure that all such costs are duly incorporated in the financial proposal submitted to UNDP.
- The consultant will be paid an all-inclusive daily fee based on the number of days worked
- Payments will be based on Certificate of Payment / Time Sheet for the days worked during the respective calendar month and submitted at the beginning of the next calendar month along with a Certificate of payment approved by the Supervisor.
- Final payment to be upon satisfactory performance evaluation from the direct supervisor
- In the case of unforeseeable travel after commencement of the contract, payment of travel costs including tickets, lodging and terminal expenses should be agreed upon, between the respective business unit and Individual Consultant, prior to travel and will be reimbursed
Security: Individual Consultants are responsible for ensuring they have vaccinations/inoculations when travelling to certain countries, as designated by the UN Medical Director. Consultants are also required to comply with the UN security directives set forth under https://trip.dss.un.org
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please make sure you have provided all requested materials.
Individual consultants will be evaluated based on the following methodologies:
When using this weighted scoring method, the award of the contract would be made to the individual consultant whose offer has been evaluated and determined as:
a) responsive/compliant/acceptable, and
b) Having received the highest score out of a pre-determined set of weighted technical and financial criteria specific to the solicitation.
* Technical Criteria weight; [70%]
*Financial Criteria weight; [30%]
Incomplete applications will not be considered
Only qualified candidates will be contacted further
Any request for clarification with regard to application procedures for this assignment only must be sent by email to the address firstname.lastname@example.org clearly mentioning in the Subject line: PSU/2020/CREE/Roster001.
IMPORTANT: Applications & Proposals will not be accepted at this email.
Attachments to this Procurement Notice:
- Terms of Reference
- Letter of Confirmation of Interest and Availability template provided by UNDP which includes the Financial Proposal (for submission with Application)
- IC Contract Template (for information)
- UNDP General Terms and Conditions for Individual contractors which will be an Annex to IC Contract - (for information)