|Overview : |
UNDP Expression of Interest
UNDP, through its Finance Sector Hub, invites interested companies to apply on the following:
Summary of proposal:
The UN’s 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development recognizes that private business activity, investment and innovation are major drivers of productivity, inclusive economic growth and job creation and calls on all businesses to apply their creativity and innovation to solve sustainable development challenges.
Within the context of SDG Financing, UNDP has launched a Finance Sector Hub (“the Hub”) which is conceptualized as a finance and innovation platform that draws on a critical mass of UNDP expertise, initiatives, and partnerships to:
- support the mobilization and leveraging of resources for the SDGs,
- provide technical advice, tools and products to County Offices,
- implement the new UNDP private sector strategy and other global flagships initiatives, and
- assist governments to align public and private sector investments and activities with the 2030 Agenda.
The Hub operates as an integral part of the Global Policy Network (GPN), working with colleagues from the Bureau of External Relations and Advocacy (BERA), as well as other Bureaus and external stakeholders and partners. The Hub serves as a connector, broker and global coordinator among these internal and external actors. Via UNDP’s Country Offices, the Hub curates and manages UNDP’s catalogue of service offers on SDG financing to governments, investors and companies to significantly enhance the scale and impact of UNDP’s work
The Hub, in close collaboration with the UNDP Treasury, is exploring the setup of a Private Label Charitable Giving Structure as a vehicle for individuals and entities wishing to support UNDP and its programmatic work, while receiving an immediate tax deduction.
The Contractor shall provide the following goods/services:
A globally diverse and established private label charitable giving / philanthropic solutions provider with strong financial credit rating and reputation to expand UNDP’s fundraising for SDG projects and programmes.
- Manage incoming charitable gifts and distribute grants associated with UNDP SDGs, per the donor’s request, in accordance with UNDP grant guidelines;
- Safeguard the assets, until a grant is made, per prescribed UNDP investment guidelines;
- Provide a secure electronic portal for the donor to monitor grants made on their behalf;
- Provide detailed reporting to the donor and appropriate tax authorities for gifts received;
- Leverage existing client base to increase collaborative fundraising and potential gifts to UNDP’s SDG projects and Programmes;
- Scale structure to all UN entities.
List of attributes
Minimum 10 years’ experience in charitable giving structures/philanthropic solutions
S&P Long-term rating A- or better
Global organization with diverse office locations and target audience for collaborative fundraising
UNDP’s SDG Impact Initiative and PRI standards incorporated into contactors corporate mission and principles
Applicants must submit their proposals to the following email no later than 17 August 2020, by 5:30 PM (Istanbul): firstname.lastname@example.org
EOIs received after the above deadline will not be considered.
The following documents must be submitted in order for the submission to be considered:
- Company profile, methodology, and self-declaration;
- Supporting documents, including CVs and certificates.
Interested Companies must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services (brochure, description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, availability of appropriate skills among staff, etc.).
This EOI does not entail any commitment on the part of UNDP, either financial or otherwise. UNDP reserve the right to accept or reject any or all EOI without incurring any obligation to inform the affected applicant/s of the grounds. This EOI does not constitute a pre-qualification exercise.
Interested companies may obtain further information by contacting email@example.com no later than 10 August 2020.