|Overview : |
To apply, kindly read the procurement notice, attach the following documents and submit through the following email: email@example.com
- CV with at least three references;
- Technical proposal (to showcase requested experience and competencies); and
- Financial proposal as in the attached template.
no later than 3 March 2021 with subject: “ Sustainable Development Analyst ".
Any request for clarification must be sent ito the above e-mail address. UNDP will respond in writing or by standard electronic mail and will send written copies of the response, including an explanation of the query without identifying the source of inquiry, to all applicants.
COVID-19, whose full impact is still unfolding, has had a significant effect on Jordan’s economy and its people. The crisis has exacerbated vulnerabilities and pre-existing inequalities and overlaps with other crises -- including regional instability, significant refugee inflows, years of low economic growth, a fiscal crisis and the impact of climate change. Initial estimates suggest that the economy may contract by 3.5 per cent in 2020. Unemployment has risen to 23 per cent in Q2 and remains particularly high for young people and women. At the same time, an already large fiscal deficit is limiting the government’s policy space to mitigate the impact of the crisis.
To better understand who is impacted, where and how, UNDP is conducting a series of rapid assessments to determine the impact of COVID-19 on households and, in partnership with ILO and FAFO Institute for Labor and Social Research, on micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs). The results of the first wave of assessments have informed the UN’s Socio-economic Framework for COVID-19 Response (SEF) and have highlighted the opportunities for UNDP to position itself at the forefront of the response and to engage more in up-stream policy work.
To build on this momentum and to be able to better leverage analyses and influence key reform and policy processes UNDP Jordan is setting up a small Policy Advisory Team. The objective of establishing a dedicated policy advisory team is to position UNDP as a thought leader and key partner on:
- 2030 Agenda implementation focusing on policy relevant analysis and advice on how to accelerate progress towards the SDGs and the ambitions of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development in terms of integrated approaches and leaving no one behind;
- Financing for sustainable development with a specific focus on climate financing and engaging with/ engaging the private sector in investing in sustainable and inclusive opportunities;
- COVID-19 response and ‘building back better’ – identifying policy options for a greener and more inclusive recovery. This would include a series of rapid impact assessments and analyses;
- Inequality and its drivers; and
- Programme relevant and emerging policy issues.
UNDP Jordan is also the lead agency for two UN Joint Programmes of the SDG Joint Fund on SDG financing and over the past two years has been piloting SDG Impact Jordan, a flagship initiative of UNDP with the aim to support investors and businesses align their investment and business models to the SDGs.
Key outputs of the Policy Advisory Team will include short policy papers, policy notes and reports, continued policy dialogue (bilateral discussions, workshops, etc.), partnership development and policy blogs/ social media presence (where relevant).
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. All individuals including persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with strictest confidence and equally.
Technical and financial proposals along with CV & 3 references should be submitted, and without such will not be considered).
(Only Short Listed Candidates will be contacted)
UNDP is an employer committed to gender equity and to providing equal opportunities to both males and females.