In The Gambia, UNDP supports national efforts for sustainable human development in line with the Gambian National Development Plan (NDP) 2018 – 2021 which is aligned with the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development/SDGs and the African Union Agenda 2063. To deliver on its mandate, UNDP partners with key government institutions and employs different means of actions including institutional capacity strengthening, harnessing strategic linkages, support to evidence-based policy formulation, planning and implementation, resource mobilization, support to national planning processes and mainstreaming of relevant issues.
The hired individual/company will be working closely with the with UNDP Accelerator Lab and the Gambia Federation of the disabled (GFD), liaising with the communication officer to develop digital and print media content to be aired on public and private TV and radio stations, publish on print billboards and social media. The company will also provide the technical expertise in video production including editing, digitizing communication and reporting materials. The company will produce a digitization strategy and action plan for the GFP after liaising with the UNDP Accelerator Lab and the Gambia Federation of the Disabled.
VII. QUALIFICATIONS OF THE SUCCESSFUL FIRM
- Master’s degree in Digital Communications with 2 years working experience or Bachelor’s degree in Digital Communication or related field with heavy focus on Digital media.
- Good knowledge in digital media production with experience working with Gambian media houses.
- Understanding of cultural sensitivities working with, especially persons with disability, but also marginalized groups and communities
- Compliance of the UN Core Values
- Demonstrates integrity by modelling the UN’s values and ethical standards.
- Fulfil all obligations to gender sensitivity and zero tolerance for sexual harassment.
b. Language and other skills:
- Excellent knowledge of English; and
The duration of the Consultancy will be 35 workdays from the day of contract signature.
Submit Technical and Financial Proposals to: email@example.com
Email subject: Digital Media Content for GFD