|Overview : |
UNDP Sao Tome and Prince would like to recruit international consultants for the Country Office CPD Evaluation. Therefore, you are requested to submit your consultance proposal within the required deadline:
Evaluation scope and objectives
The CPD evaluation will focus on the formal UNDP country programme approved by the Executive Board (2017-2022. The scope of the CPD evaluation includes the entirety of UNDP’s activities at the outcome and output levels covering from 2017 to date. The evaluation covers interventions funded by all sources, including core UNDP resources, donor funds and government funds. Initiatives from regional and global programmes will be included in the CPD evaluation. The evaluation will also examine UNDP’s contribution toward cross-cutting issues, e.g. human rights, gender, leaving no one behind, and capacity development. The evaluation should be forward-looking by drawing lessons from the current CPD and propose recommendations for the next CPD.
Evaluation criteria and key guiding questions
The evaluation will answer three broad questions as follows:
- What did the UNDP country programme intend to achieve during the period under review?
- To what extent has the programme achieved (or is likely to achieve) its intended objectives at the output level, and what contribution has it made at the outcome level and towards the UN Partnership Framework?
- What factors contributed to or hindered UNDP’s performance and eventually, the sustainability of results?
In addition to the above questions, the evaluation is expected to produce answers surrounding the of relevance, effectiveness, efficiency and sustainability of the country programme. Below are guiding questions. This evaluation will also include a special thematic evaluation of the Sustainable development and resilience to climate change theme & UNDP’s engagement in the same. Guiding questions for the thematic evaluation are listed in the Annex C.
- To what extent has the current UNDP programme supported the government of STP in achieving the national development goals and implementing the 2030 Agenda for sustainable development?
- To what extent has the UNDP programme responded to the priorities and the needs of target beneficiaries as defined in the programme document?
- Is UNDP perceived by stakeholders as a strong advocate for improving Health, Governance, and sustainable development and resilience to climate change in STP?
- Have the efforts made by UNDP and national partners to mobilize resources and knowledge been in line with the current development landscape?
- To what extent did the UNDP programme promote SSC/Triangular cooperation?
- Has UNDP been able to effectively adapt the programme to the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic in STP?
- By reviewing the programme results and resources framework, is the UNDP programme on track to achieve intended results at the outcome and output levels? What are the key achievements and what factors contributed to the achievements or non-achievement of those results?
- By examining the small-size initiatives funded by UNDP regular sources, how have these projects fulfilled their objectives? What are the factors (positive and negative) that contribute to their success or shortcomings? Are there recommendations or lessons that can be drawn from this approach?
- To what extent has UNDP programme contributed towards an improvement in national government capacity, including institutional strengthening? How could UNDP enhance this element in the next UNDP programme?
- Which programme areas are the most relevant and strategic for UNDP to scale up going forward?
- To what extent has there been an economical use of resources (funds, human resources, time, expertise, etc.)? What are the main administrative constraints/strengths?
- Is the results-based management system operating effectively and is monitoring data informing management decision making?
- To what extent has UNDP been efficient in building synergies and leveraging with other programmes and stakeholders in STP?
- How well does the workflow between UNDP and national implementing partners perform?
- To what extent have programme funds have been delivered in a timely manner?
- When UNDP provides implementation support services as per MOU with an implementing partner, how well has UNDP performed?
- What outcomes and outputs have the most likelihood of sustainability and being adopted by partners and why?
- To what extent do national partners have the institutional capacities, including sustainability strategies, in place to sustain the outcome-level results?
- To what extent are policy and regulatory frameworks in place that will support the continuation of benefits?
- To what extent have national partners committed to providing continuing support (financial, staff, aspirational, etc.)?
- To what extent do partnerships exist with other national institutions, NGOs, United Nations agencies, the private sector and development partners to sustain the attained results?
- What barriers have been seen to the inclusion of vulnerable groups in UNDP’s work and what can be done to improve inclusion of these groups?
- To what extent have gender equality and the empowerment of women been addressed in the programme strategic design, implementation and reporting? Are there key achievements?
- In what way could UNDP enhance gender equality in the next country programme?
Please kindly submit your office through the dedicated e-mail address: bidsSTP@undp.org
Kindly separate the financial proposal from the technical proposal.