|Overview : |
UNDP and Energy and Eviroment portfolio is looking to engage an individual consultant to:
prepare a proposal of programmatic cooperation between UNDP and DEEF in the area of energy, natural resources management and climate change including the potential sources of funding, key stakeholders and identification of lead projects for the achievement of programmatic objectives, taking into account the COVID 19 impacts and recovery needs. The specific objectives of the assignment are:
1) Review the current UNDP Strategic Plan, Government’s MTSF 2019-2024 UNDP CPD, the Strategic Plan of the Department of Environment, Forestry and Fisheries, and any other related documents to gain insight into the mandate, function and potential areas for collaboration and partnership between UNDP and DEFF;
2) Review the National Action Plans for South Africa related to the three main UN Conventions, UNFCCC UNCCD and CBD and identify opportunities for partnerships between UNDP and DEFF to support the Department to achieve specific targets set by the latest National Action Plans.
3) Review the last 10 years and current UNDP environment sector portfolio and current DEFF intervention funded by the Government and other partners to identify gaps and lessons learned:
4) Review UNDP capacity at country, regional and global level to identify comparative advantages and its value added in view of defining UNDP’ value proposition;
4) Provide detailed new, innovative and well justified entry points, recommendations for future collaboration and partnership between UNDP and the DEFF.
5) Develop a Program Document covering the identified areas of cooperation with a duration of 10 years, with defined results (outputs), activities, indicators, baselines, targets and budget;
6) Map potential sources of funding/donors and partnerships for the successful implementation of the proposed program;
(DETAILED TERMS OF REFERENCES CAN BE FOUND IN ONE OF THE LINKS FOUND ON THIS POST)